Saturday, August 4, 2012

I'm Getting Ahead of Myself with August's Poll

Last month's poll question has been decided and, by the narrowest of margins, our readership has declared that they prefer Spider-Man's web shooters to be part of his resulting spider-like physiology rather than of his own invention.  The picture to celebrate the poll result is forthcoming.


In the meantime I began pondering what it was I wanted to ask of our loyal readers this month.  Every time August rolls around, I think of school but as I tried to decide on a poll question that was not overly contrived, the sound of zombies being pelted with vegetables and chomping on plants rang in my ears as my sons played Plants vs. Zombies nearby.


Now, my kids won't go back to school until the end of the month and the zombie apocalypse is probably a ways off but, to be sure, both are going to happen whether we like it or not.  Thus, in the true spirit of mash-up-ness (?) I decided to combine my fear of both things that shamble toward us and spell our doom, school and zombies.


So vote all this month on which school supply you would find most useful to engage in pitched combat against the undead.  Perhaps we can get our voices heard and instill a little zombie survival tactics into the standard school curriculum.  At least during P.E., right?

No comments:

Post a Comment