Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What's in a Number? Definitive, Quantifiable Statistics, That's What.

Transformer Generation Dad is proud to present to you our 500th post!


It's been more than a year and a half since this blog began. While you might say, "Big deal, you sit down and type the drivel that leaks from your brain almost every day," let me inform you that I have looked at many other quality blogs that have been in existence for twice as long (if not longer) as TGD and they have nowhere near 500 posts.


When you think about it, 500 is a very large number.  Perhaps you don't realize the effort it has taken to type out 500 posts worth of drivel.  Maybe you don't understand the level of pageantry that should be exercised to celebrate such an achievement.


Allow me to put things into perspective:


- It takes me at least an hour to write each post, usually more.  By a conservative estimate, I have spent 500 hours writing this blog.  That would span 20.8 days end to end.


- 500 years ago the globe had yet to be circumvented, Michelangelo's Statue of David was only seven years old, people still pooped into buckets and the Pilgrims' landing at Plymouth Rock was still 109 years away.


- Driving 500 miles could take you clear across the width of 94% of the states.


- It would take nearly two of the towns I fish in every summer to reach a population of 500.






- With 500 dollars, you could buy a new iPad 2.  (The simplest version, but nothing to sneeze at.)




- 500 bottles of beer would last me approximately two six months. (My mom is probably reading this.)




- With 500 Lego pieces, you could build the majority of the lego Slave I. (It requires 569 pieces to be exact but if you left out the minor accessories like the retractable rockets and hidden canister you could get there.)


- 500 zombies would easily surround and devour you before you could possibly chop off enough of their heads to stand a fighting chance.




As you should be able to see by now, 500 of anything is a lot.  When it comes down to it, I'm just asking for a pat on the back.  Only one, not 500 of them.  That isn't so hard, is it?


I suppose I also want to thank all of you for reading for so many posts.  I'm surprised you haven't gotten sick of all this nonsense yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment