Transformer Generation Dad is nearly done with its sports related ranting and prepared to resume regular posting, but let's hold on to the fervor just long enough to let it infect our weekly features. It begins with the top five athletes I love to hate...
5. Aaron Rodgers - It would be enough for some that he stole my beloved Bears' shot at a Superbowl title in the 2011 NFC Championship Game. Hell, it would be enough that he is a Packer for most Bears' fans. But I never hated Brett Favre the way I hate Rodgers and that is because of the celebration. That stupid heavyweight title belt motion he does after touchdowns really makes me wish bad things on the man.
4. Lebron James - Once again, more than what he means to my hometown team's shot at a title, I despise this guy for the way he carries himself, the things he says, his classless demeanor. Any athlete that walks off a court without shaking the hands of the team that beat him is enough to make me dislike him forever. Add the self-important decision announcement, the pep rally, the sour grapes comments and you have one of sports' current biggest douche bags.
3. Isaiah Thomas - So he hasn't been in the league for a long time. Still, this goes back to the not shaking hands after a loss thing. It also to do with being cocky, sexist and turning your back on a good friend once he is diagnosed with HIV. How's that front office gig working out for you Isaiah? Oh, never mind.
2. Barry Bonds - The real shame is that this guy was a five tool, complete, hall of fame caliber player hands down before he started juicing. Then his head and feet grew in his mid-thirties and he started hitting home runs at a super human rate. Claiming innocence and treating the general public like their stupid clinched it.
1. Mark McGwire - This one is personal. As a kid, I worshiped Big Mac. He was always a big guy so I even held out hope in the midst of the steroid scandal that maybe he wasn't taking performance enhancing drugs. Then his weeping, non-denial testimony clinched it and I was done. You suck, cheater.
This week's cool-ass thing you will never own is the Blues Mobile.
COSMO Cars of the future
16 minutes ago