Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloweekly Features

Time to get on the weekly feature update.

This week's top five is costumes that will result in extra candy at my doorstep:

5. Avatar Na'vi - Extra points go to those who opt for spandex body suit and full face paint.

4. Super Grover - I saw this in a catalog while trying to help my kids pick out their costumes and wished it was in my size.

3. Iron Man - All Marvel costumes, in fact, get my full support. I call it positive reenforcement of tomorrow's geeks.

2. Star Wars Clones - While I have yet to be able to tell them apart, they still make cool costumes and anything that keeps interest in Star Wars alive in our youth works for me.

1. Super Mario Bros. Characters - The Mario and Luigi costumes are funny, but there are also Toad and Princess Peach ones out there.

This week's cool-ass thing you will never own are Pym Particles. Dr. Henry Pym spent years in his lab developing these things and is a certified genius. Personally, if I had the money, I'd invest in repulsor technology, indestructible shield construction, the price of Mjolnir on Ebay or even advanced archery lessons and try to make myself into a much cooler Avenger.

This week's sign you are a nerd is your insistence on using full names for organizations instead of their commonly accepted acronyms. Just sat NASA, FBI and CIA. You don;t need to try and impress us with your knowledge of the full titles.

This week's nemesis is socks. Now that the weather requires I wear them daily, I'm having trouble keeping them matched, free of holes or just in existence after spending time in the trans-dimensional portal known as my washing machine.

This week's lesson learned is to stay out of arguments between seven-year-olds. Nobody will win. logic and reason do not work. They are going to end up playing together just fine in five minutes anyway. Let them handle it and don;t get dragged in by one kid trying to snitch on another.

This week's equation is:
Not to be disrespectful, but I've noticed a lot of similarities between Easter and Halloween.

You have to dress up.

You get more candy than you can realistically eat before it goes bad.

Both involve somebody rising from the dead. With Easter, it's Jesus. With Halloween, it's back-up dancers for Michael Jackson. Perhaps it will be Michael Jackson this year too.

Oh, come on! You laugh at the Jesus part, but get offended by the Michael Jackson joke?

Last but not least, we have this week's Star Wars quote of the week:

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Be sure to check out the list of new junk due out this week and check back for other posts. Remember, we will continue our story Exceptional on Thursday.

Thanks for reading, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment