Saturday, July 9, 2011

Weekly Features to Begin Throwback Week

I have decided to take it easy this week. Work has not afforded me enough sleep, numerous manual labor related projects that I had been putting off became immediate concerns and the kids have been driving me a bit crazy as of late. They're just always around. This means that this week will be full of throwback posts from the days of yore here on this blog. Join me in fondly remembering previous posts each day this week.

But, the weekly features still need to be updated, so let's dispatch that little item of business so that I can go lie down on my hammock for a while.

This week's top 5 list is the top five road trip bands:

5. The Killers - Upbeat and guitar heavy, perfect for keeping you awake and singing along.

4. The BoDeans - Very Americana.

3. Bob Seger - When an artist has three songs that I would list in the top ten road songs, they have to make this list. Seger has Against the Wind, Turn the Page and my favorite road trip song ever, Roll Me Away.

2. Bruce Springsteen - With such a prolific catalog of work and such a great classic rock sound, Springsteen can keep you entertained for an entire summer of seeing the country.

1. Johnny Cash - The driving rhythm and touch of country twang makes the Man in Black my top road trip pick.

This week's cool-ass thing you will never own is sharks with laser beams attached to their foreheads. Go ahead and freeze yourself in an attempt to wait for the technology to catch up with your aspirations, you still won't have them when you thaw out.

This week's sign you are a nerd is that you have a toy somewhere in your home that you purposely keep out of reach of your children. I get it, it's a collector's item. Still, it's a toy, they are kids. Something about it is just wrong.

This week's nemesis is chocolate chip cookies. I cannot stop eating these things. And how can just two of them make a full serving. Not fair. I'm sorry, but I'm calling bulls*** on that one.

This week's lesson learned is not to keep item in your garage too large to fit through anything but the overhead door unless you plan on maintaining the overhead door to keep it functioning properly. One day, your stuff might end up trapped. It's like a large scale version of the boat in the glass bottle.

This week's equation is:


The overall flavor of a burrito (f) can be calculated by adding the quality level of the ingredients on a 1-10 scale (g) to the volume of alcohol you consumed prior to deciding to go to the burrito joint (v) then dividing that sum by the hour of day in twenty-four hour time (t) and multiplying that product with your meat value on a 1-10 scale (m) which will be zero if you are vegetarian and 10 if eat nothing but meat.

This week's Star Wars quote is, "He will not be permanently damaged."

That's all for now with the new stuff. The rest of the week will be Throwback Week so that I can catch up on sleep. Wish me...zzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment