Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Had Time To Build On This Week's Features

I’m back from a little hiatus and ready to update the weekly features.

This week’s top five is Lego Star Wars sets I need to repair:

5. The Tantive IV – This is going to take a lot of work and, although it’s a pretty accurate set, it is low on my priority list.

4. The Death Star – This will simply be various small repairs to the multiple rooms. I knew this would be an issue when we decided to get it for the boys for Christmas.

3. Darth Vader’s Tie Fighter – This gets a higher rating because I need to have something to fly around and dog fight with #1.

2. The Mini-scale Millennium Falcon – The best Star Wars ship ever is sitting on the shelf above my desk without its top gun turret, its satellite dish or it’s landing gear.

1. X-Wing – The wings are close to complete but missing a few pieces and I know there is more than one R2-D2 around somewhere. This, too, sits upon the shelf above my desk. Yes, I stole it from my kids. Don’t judge me.

This week’s cool-ass thing you will never own is a time machine. Though you may want to travel into the future to fight Morlocks (or was that the past? or another dimension?), ensure John Connor is born or save the world with your rock band’s music, the space-time continuum is far too delicate to be trusted to regular people like you or me. Besides, I think this technology is at least five years off, still.

This week’s sign you are a nerd is that you’ve chosen to keep your shirt on while swimming without having a medical condition requiring you to do so. So what if your back is hairy, you have a roll or two too many or you have a third nipple. Just grow a pair and lose the t-shirt. Trust me you’ll be less noticeable exposing whatever you’re trying to hide than you will be with a practically see-through layer of cotton form fitting to your torso.

This week’s nemesis is inflation. When my father talks to me about how much things used to cost, I want to puke. If only I’d taken my paper route more seriously, we could have had that lake house.

This week’s lesson learned is to write ahead of time when you know you’re going to be out of town for the week and you write a blog. Wi-fi is not guaranteed everywhere you travel.

This week’s Star Wars quote resembles comments I made to my sons on the drive home the other day: “Watch your mouth kid or you’ll find yourself floating home.”

Please keep reading and check back next Sunday when I plan to introduce a new weekly feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment