Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mega Fan

So, I had let my XBox Live account expire and had been wanting to sign back up so that I could download games and try out the XBox Live Arcade Game Room. I finally got around to it the other day.

Cost: $49.99

After perusing the titles available for download, I saw one I had to have. Mega Man 10. But that required that I buy some game points. The value price of 4000 points seemed to work best for me. It just makes economic sense, like buying an entire gallon of mayonnaise at a time from Costco. You pay less by volume and have to make fewer trips to the store (so what if you have to buy an extra refrigerator to store it in). So, 4000 it was.

Cost: $49.99

Now my sons and I can waste all kinds of time that should be spent on more productive activities like homework, chores, eating, and sleeping (writing this blog is not included because it is far from a productive activity) trying to defeat all the robot bosses. This will also cost time in research on line regarding the best order to face them in.

Total cost: $99.98 + productivity

I consider this a small price to pay for my long awaited reunion with the blue bomber. I hadn't realized how empty my life had been for the last decade until I started playing Mega Man games again. How can one put a price tag on such joy?

Only read this last part if you are my wife.

Honey, please don't kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment