Friday, September 3, 2010

So Much For Realism

My first game of Madden 11 wasn't quite the realistic NFL matchup I had hoped for. I admit that I had the game controls down from last season's version, but I jacked up the clock run off to its highest possible amount. Still, the game took me over an hour to complete and the score was a bit ridiculous.

I won 126 to 3.

This should not happen. Granted, I didn't tweak the settings much and left the difficulty at the initial level (probably easy). Still, I never scored over 100 in Tecmo Bowl and shouldn't be able to so on Madden.

I will say this: the new play calling mode has its potential. My offensive game plan did not change or speed up in the slightest, but defensively, the game was far more realistic. Plus, I think it's pretty cool to have the coordinator talking in your ear if you choose to wear the headset.

But, sadly, I must tell you that if you already own Madden 10 and your team is not noticeably better this season than they were the last, there are not enough changes in this version to make it worth the purchase.

In other words, I fear I wasted sixty bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment