Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Ret(o)urn(nament) of the Geek

In March of 2011, Transformer Generation Dad launched its first annual Geek Tournament, pitting random geeky things against one another in order to deem one most worthy of geek love.  The contest spanned the month of March and was met with much fanfare as Lego emerged as supreme champion of geekdom.


Yet, for as much celebration as the tournament generated, there was maybe as much (if not more) criticism over its arbitrary nature.  Such is the fickleness of geeks.  They always try to figure out how things could be better and consider it their duty to let you know about it.


Personally, it's one of the things I love most about geeks and about being one myself.  Thus, I had to take some of the criticism to heart and this year's tournament is going to have a completely different format that I think will both tantalize and enrage readers.  I can't wait to reveal it to you all.



But I won't do so just yet (awful place to place a page break, I know).  If it's one other thing geeks seem to love, it is getting teased about the upcoming release of something that promises to be so cool that the actual event could not possibly live up to the hype.  And if it's one thing I'm good at, it's holding back on and later revealing ultimately disappointing information.


Just allow me time to consult with the selection committee on the finishing touches to the brackets and potentially secure a sponsor by which to provide swag for those wishing to submit their bracket selections and things will be up and running as we hit March.


Oooooooh, I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment