Sunday, December 12, 2010

Do You Recall the Most Famous Weekly Feature of All

Out of dedication to my loyal readers, I am distracting myself from an amazing day of football to update the weekly features. Okay, so I'm typing between plays of Bears/Patriots, so sue me.

This week's top five is reindeer:

5. Donner - I'm not sure what his name means, but he's a definite nod over Dancer, Prancer, Vixen and Cupid.

4. Dasher - You've gotta respect speed.

3. Comet - I wonder if they named him this due to the tail of gas he trailed behind. I bet they had him push the sleight from the rear.

2. Blitzen - During football season, there is only one reindeer that could beat this name.

1. Rudolph - The only reindeer with his own theme song. And a built in headlight on the nose makes him so versatile.

This week's cool ass thing you will never own is the snowman pictured in the left hand column that I made with my sons. Sure, you can try and duplicate it based on the picture, but it will not be the same. Good luck, though.

This week's sign you are a nerd is that you linked your home's Christmas lights to music this year, like this. In fact, if you watch this video and even have the fondest clue as to how to hook up your house to look like this, you are a nerd. One bad-ass, Christmas loving nerd, but a nerd nonetheless.

This week's nemesis is winter rain. It makes everything slushy and nasty and then inevitably turns into black ice. I would honest;y rather just have snow. At least there's the aesthetic quality to it.

This week's lesson learned is to explain to your kids prior to beginning work on the gingerbread house that it will most likely not be edible come Christmas Day. You will save them heartbreak and possibly yourself a lot of work this way.

This week's equation explains the difference between rain and snow:


This week's Star Wars quote is: "Let the Wookie win."

That's all for now. Don't forget to check out the gift guide, drive safely if you're dealing with winter weather and check back later for more posts and additions to the gift guide.

As always, thank you for reading and go Bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment