Friday, December 17, 2010

It's a Gr-Eight Day

Blog titles are a very personal thing. A blog creator is more than likely doing so in order to express themselves in some way that is meaningful, at least to them. Thus, the title needs to sum up the character of the author and the theme of the blog.

I grew up in the eighties. Toys and cartoons and the marketing of each made me part of what I refer to as the Transformer Generation. That's a fundamental part of who I am and it colors all my experiences.

But the "Dad" in Transformer Generation Dad, that's the special part.

Today is the eight year anniversary of my official acceptance of that title. That is to say, today, my eldest son turned eight years old. Eight years old again, my life was changed permanently, for the better. I instant knew a love I had never been able to fathom before and realized that I was capable of making something beautiful...or least helping make something beautiful.

It's been a long, crazy, sometimes ridiculous road from there, but I wouldn't give up a single moment of diaper changing or feeding or jumping on my already aching back for anything. It's been more fun than I ever would have guessed.

Happy birthday, son. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment