Monday, April 2, 2012

These Are the Champions, My Friends

The 2012 Geek Tournament is officially over and it was even more fun than last year.  There were some very heated contests, but in the end only four winners could be crowned and mashed up into one combination, with Photoshopped pictures forthcoming in the next few days.


Allow me to I extend my heartfelt thanks to a few people, specifically the selection committee for helping with development; the good people at Cobra for providing a kick-ass prize; Jonathan Liu of GeekDad and the crew at Mental Floss for providing pointers to the contest; my wife for putting up with my neurotic maintenance of the polls; and last but not least, all those who took the time to visit Transformer Generation Dad and vote in this year's event.  The new format proved to be a hit with readers (judging solely by the lack of hurtful emails) and none of this would have been possible without all of you.  Thank you.


But listen to me, going on about the success of the Geek Tournament as if I am the winner.  We all know who the true winners are and they are as follows:


- Han Solo
- The Starship Enterprise NCC-1701-D (that's circa the 24th century)
- Spock, Bones, Uhura, Sulu, Chekov & Scotty
- The Star Wars Universe


Of course, there are is also a winner of the Cobra iRadar, but calculating exactly who that is will require some math and that means it will take me a few days.  Sorry for the delay, but the announcement of our prize winner and the impending mash-up images should be completed by the end of the week.


Thanks again for a great Geek Tournament, everyone.  Please continue to stop by and read our content.  Here's looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment