Sunday, May 9, 2010

This Week's Amazingly Uncanny, Incredibly Invincible Weekly Features

First of all, Happy Mother's Day! To any moms that may be reading this, you're influence and guidance of your children is more meaningful than you may ever know. Thank you all for loving and caring for your kids. Especially if those kids are me or my sons.

Moving on, Iron Man 2 has officially been released and I'm trying to blind myself to all reviews and outside contact that might result in any kind of information or opinion regarding the movie since I'm going to see it anyway. Hopefully, I'll see it early next week and I can stop covering my ears.

In the meantime, I've decided to make this week's top 5 the top 5 super hero movies. They are all pretty new, and I feel that's because recent develpments in special effects have made the tale of the super hero more accessible.

5. Unbreakable - M. Night Shayamalan's second movie was an understated masterpiece in my mind. The relationship between the father and son upon their realization of the father's abilities is fantastic and displays the fascination that people young and old have with supre heroes.

4. Batman Begins - I'm glad they started this franchise over again, because even though i thought Michael Keaton did a surprisingly decent job as Batman, Joel Schumacher nearly destroyed one of the greatest comic heroes of all time. This particular film did a great job portraying Bruce Wayne as the dark, brooding millionaire he really is and showing us his true background.

3. Iron Man - Not a ton of action in the first film, but when they went to special effects, they were awfully special. Plus, Robert Downey Jr. is a spot on Tony Stark.

2. Spider-Man - This was the first film that I thought used CGI seemlessly. I was amazed when I saw this in the theater and Spidey was swinging between skyscrapers. On top of that, the ending of the first movie did a great job of reminding the viewers that Peter parker's life is not easy.

1. The Dark Knight - I was trying not to rank this first because everyone was so crazy over this movie, but I have to admit Heath Ledger was the best Joker I've seen since Cesar Romero (no disrespect to Jack) and the movie's plot over all more than made up for the fact that I had to watch Maggie Gyllenhaal for the first half of it. Also, is it me, or did Christian Bale amp up the deep scratchiness of his Batman voice for this one?

This week's cool-ass thing you will never own is a functional Iron Man suit. That's probably for the best since you shouldn't be trusted with repulsors anyway.

This week's sign you are a nerd is that you've worn a costume to see a movie. This is multiplied exponentially if the costume wasn;t even one of the characters form the movie you were attending.

This week's nemesis is the law of averages. I know that, over time, lows and highs will even one another out to the expected average, but why do I always pick the players for my fantasy team while they are experiencing the lows.

This week's lesson learned is that running on the field is so not worth any attention you might get. I like to keep my electricity in my socket, thank you very much.

And, last but not least, this week's Star Wars quote is: "If there's a bright center of the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Happy Mother's Day again to all the moms out there. Regular posts resume tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment