Monday, June 7, 2010

100th* Post (*actually 102nd)

Bah-bah-da-bah-bah-bah-baaaaahhhhh!

That was the fanfare that was supposed to accompany this blog’s 100th post. It was posted last Tuesday, before my life’s responsibilities and Blogger’s posting issues got the best of me. Sorry for the delay, but here on post 102, I have decided to celebrate. Every television show that has a 100th episode celebrates it and makes a big deal, so I figured I ought to as well.

I don’t have the resources to raffle anything off or give anything away. I wish I at least had merchandise and could offer free t-shirts to the first 100 people to comment on a post, but alas, I do not. Rest assured that if I did, I would reward my loyal readers to the utmost of my abilities. Even if it was just bumper stickers or key chains, at least that would be something.

(On a side note, would anybody be interested in Transformer Generation Dad t-shirts? I want an excuse to make some just so I could have one. It would probably have the logo at the top of the left column on it. Just a thought.)

Instead, I offer my love and appreciation. I know, that’s not any cooler now than it was when your parents offered it to you to get you to clean your room, but it’s all I have. Please accept it.

It was near the end of February when I embarked on this blogging journey. Now several months and 100 posts later, I’m proud of what this blog has become and the potential of what it could be. It has kept me writing on a near daily basis and also allowed me to reflect upon my life.

I’d like to thank all those who have read it, especially my family. I’d like to thank my sons for providing me with so much inspiration and for being all around cool as hell. I’d like to thank my wife for being my editor. For every mistake any of you have seen on this page, she has caught ten others.

So, true believers, please keep reading. Tell your friends about it, follow this page, friend it on Facebook, or like it, or whatever it is you do on there now. I have yet to make it to Twitter, but I’ll keep you posted if I do.

Posted, get it? That’s blog humor.

Ahem…anyway, thanks again. I can’t say that enough. It means a lot to me to know that my random thoughts and observations can make somebody laugh or even just stop and think for a minute each day.

Here’s to 100 (and 2) posts and to 1,000 (and 2) more.

No comments:

Post a Comment