Sunday, June 6, 2010

Should We Chuck In A New Weekly Feature?

I know there hasn't been a post since last Tuesday, but I'm back to update the weekly features. Check back later because I might post another today to try and pick up the slack. But for now, let's update those features.

This week's top 5 is reasons why I'm excited that my sons are out of school:
  1. I don't have to wake up early with them
  2. We can go on fishing trips
  3. We can hit the theme park and ride some roller coasters
  4. They can stay up late with me
  5. We can go see movies during the day to get out of the heat
This week's cool-ass thing you will never own in Captain America's shield. Most of the metals contained within its mixture are made up anyway, but even if they weren't, its creation was a freak accident nearly impossible to replicate, much like the successful administration of the Super Soldier Serum to good old Steve Rogers himself. On a side note, that's another thing you should just leave alone and not try to replicate.

This week's sign you are a nerd is that you are most excited for summer not because of the warm weather, the baseball, or the later sunsets, but because you'll have more free time to read those books or play those video games you've had stacked on your shelf.

This week's nemesis is humidity. A perfect temperature is made to seem unbearable when you start sweating before you make it off your porch. Mosquitoes go nuts in this stuff. If I wanted to live in a rain forest, I'd move to one. Plus, I am notorious for not giving a crap about my hair, but frizzy is definitely not my best look.

This week's lesson learned is to keep an umbrella or rain jacket handy. In the car is best because you never know this time of year when you'll be outside and get caught in a downpour. Then, of course, it stops within a few minutes and you walk around for an hour looking like you fell in a pool.

This week's Star Wars quote is the somber reminder from Mon Mothma as she briefs the Rebellion fleet: "Many Bothans died to bring us this information."

Finally, we have a new poll. The term Roly-Poly won by a thin margin, but at least some people called them pill bugs. This month I want to pick your brain about a new weekly feature. Please vote yes or no as to whether you want to see a weekly Chuck Norris joke featured here.

Have a good week, and please keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment