Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Company That Fit My Needs to a T(-Shirt)

I wanted to write a quick post today to pass on some valuable information to anyone who might unfortunately wander across this venue for my meandering thoughts. I figured you might at least take something away from the experience, so I'd like to pass on a recommendation. Keep in mind that I am in no way being compensated by the company which I am about to suggest you do business with, I was simply happy with their product.

My wife recently decided that t-shirts were in order. This is exceptionally unusual (as much so as that description is redundant) because she is constantly giving me a hard time for the number of t-shirts that I own. I dare say 50% of my wardrobe consists of t-shirts with underwear and socks taking up 40% more and jeans taking up 9%, leaving a mere 1% for that suit I wear to funerals.

Yet, despite the fact that I am the only one who can properly close the t-shirt drawer(s) of my dresser, she thought ordering some t-shirts online with the URL of my blog across them to wear out in public and promote it might be a good idea. She instantly knew which website to go to and, while I'm not sure how she heard of it originally, it turned out to be the right place to go.

My wife went to
http://www.cafepress.com/. She then custom designed several fairly elaborate t-shirts over the course of the evening and placed the order. Less than a week later, they arrived. I am, in fact, wearing mine now. It looks great, which is awesome, and it is comfortable, which was my main concern. So often, when you order custom t-shirts they are stiff and itchy. They remind me of the shirt I had as a kid that I insisted on putting the iron-on He-Man picture onto. The rest of the shirt was fine, but the area with the He-Man graphic covering it felt perpetually like I was wearing a metal plate over my chest as if I was paranoid of being stabbed in the chest by one of my first grade classmates.

So, I heartily recommend
http://www.cafepress.com/ for all your custom t-shirt needs. They were everything we wanted. Easy to design, quick on delivery and comfortable.

On a side not, I think the mere ordering of these shirts, with this blog's address emblazoned across them may have piqued the interest of the employees at cafepress because I have discovered a sudden upswing in visits to this site. I think they may have looked at the order and wondered what the hell the
URL belonged to. If this is the case, I welcome you, cafepress employees. I am impressed by your curious nature and need to explore what you see further and I also thank you for the wonderful shirts.

It should also be noted that, though I received no compensation of discount of any kind for this recommendation, I would welcome the opportunity to further champion the efforts of cafepress while receiving monetary incentive in the future.

I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment