Wednesday, August 3, 2011

From Purple Mountains' Obesity

Our monthly poll for July closed a few days ago, which means I am overdue to post some sort of cheesy photographic tribute to its winner.  After fighting with Adobe Illustrator for the last few days, I finally submitted and switched back to Pixelmator.

I was then swiftly able to bring the following monument to that thing which our readers decided was the most American: obesity.  I hereby unveil, Mount Eat More!



I think I'm going to be sick.

Anyway, with July's poll over, it is time to move on to the new poll.  By the end of August my kids will be in school as will most of the children around the nation.  I recall the waning days of summer vacation during my childhood to be ones filled with anticipation, anxiety and a great amount of back to school bargain hunting.  I don't remember standing upright during any other time in my life as long as I did while shopping with my mother for school uniforms, notebooks and pens.  Of course, it may have just felt that way since I was imagining all the other things I could have been doing with that time to enjoy the fleeting summer other than turning around so my mom could get a look at how those new pants fit me in the "seat."

In an effort to determine if I was the only one who felt this way as August gradually moved toward its homework inducing climax, I ask you, loyal readers, to tell me which aspect of the return to school you least enjoyed as a kid.

You can vote in the new poll throughout the month of August and we should have other fun and exciting news this month so be sure to come back often.

No comments:

Post a Comment