Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I Like Springsteen & I Know It

Bruce Springsteen's latest album, Wrecking Ball, was released yesterday.  As a big Springsteen fan, I encourage other geeks out there to be as well.  Why?  I argue that The Boss is a geek.  Maybe not when it comes to science, video games or the fantasy realm, but in regards to music, definitely.  Springsteen lives and breathes music.  He is insanely obsessed with it and even addresses the fact that others wondered why he spent so much time on it in some of his early songs.  ("I know you're daddy, he don't like me 'cause I play in a rock 'n roll band.")  With compulsion as a definite requirement for geekhood, Springsteen qualifies as a music geek in my opinion.


Another reason to be a fan, Springsteen was good natured and funny enough to team up with another nerd (the socially awkward Jimmy Fallon who somehow got his own late night talk show, is exceeding expectations and continues to surprise people with various talents) and poke fun at himself and his music by creating a serious-sounding parody of LMFAO's I'm Sexy & I Know It.   For anyone who has not had the pleasure of viewing this yet, take a look and argue with me then that these two and not geeks, or at least nerds...





And who knew that Fallon did such a superb Neil Young impersonation?

No comments:

Post a Comment