Monday, March 12, 2012

That Other Tournament

I have a confession.  The concept of a tournament during the month of March is not something I came up with on my own.  Don't tell anyone.


Sure, Transformer Generation Dad's Geek Tournament might be the best bracket-style contest going on this month, but the inspiration behind it is one of my favorite sporting events every year, the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Tournament.  Thus, I feel an obligation to discus my predictions for that tournament this month too.


For anyone hoping to fill out a better bracket than me, I have posted mine on Google Documents and you can challenge me here.  However, no super cool sponsor like Cobra Electronics wanted anything to do with my predictions on the tournament (and I can't really blame them) so the only thing you will win by defeating me is bragging rights.


Of course, should you decide to pit your basketball prowess against someone of more importance, President Obama is running his own contest which you can participate in here.  Of course, he's not offering you anything but bragging right for beating him either, so on that front he and I are even.  Of course, he's also sending you directly to a form to donate to his campaign fund as soon as you complete your bracket while I'm not asking you for any money.  Of course, I would not be so presumptuous as to suggest that makes my challenge more American.  I will, however, graciously accept any comments by readers to suggest that might be the case...of course.


However you choose to participate in it, celebrate it or watch it, enjoy the tournament and good luck with your brackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment