Saturday, August 7, 2010

(Untitled Due To Lack Of Interest Today)

Short post today.

The reason I’m writing a short post is to tell you all that I will not be writing a long post.

The reason I will not be writing a long post is because I am writing a short post, as I said above.

Jeez, pay attention.

When writing on a very damn near daily basis, finding the time to plan what’s going to be written and then sitting down, writing it, editing it and posting it can be time consuming. If you don’t force yourself to take a break, the writing becomes a chore worked in to your daily routine.

I don’t want this blog to become laundry, lawn care or pool cleaning. It would be a shame to let it become a mundane, mindless task I simply check off my list each day. So, today’s post will not be rushed and short due to lack of time, but by choice.

Furthermore, instead of spending the evening performing household maintenance duties, I have decided to focus tonight on mental health maintenance. This means reading, watching some TV, perhaps playing some video games.

I remind those other parents out there to take nights like this. If you can get away with letting all that stuff you haven’t done yet go one more day, go ahead and do it. Send your kids’ friends home early. Put your kids in bed early or make them pick an activity that will keep them quiet and occupied. Do what you would do if you were still in college on a weekday night with no papers to write and no impending tests. (Hint: beer should probably be involved here)

I now bid you adieu. I have an Xbox controller in the other room calling to me. I must obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment