Sunday, March 13, 2011

Geek Tournament Round 2 Begins

The final games of the first round concluded late last night. The winners were:
  • Tron
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • Axis & Allies
  • Nerf Blasters
  • Star Wars Toys
  • Pac-Man
  • Sim City
  • Halo
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Star Trek: The Original Series
That means it's time for round 2 to begin. The field has been cut in half and 32 contestants remain. There are eight new games posted that you can vote on until Tuesday night, then the other eight games of the second round will be up.

So get those votes in and let's see who can make it into the Sweet Sixteen.

2 comments:

  1. Still can't believe you pitted Firefly vs LOTR in the first round. Firefly was an easy #2, not #16.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 2? Really? I am totally open for argument that it should have been top five. The TV & Book bracket was particularly tough to seed due to the differences between the two media, but I have a hard time thinking it would go ahead of the original Star Trek or Doctor Who. Perhaps a 4 seed next year?

    I also think I will open the blog to suggestions prior to the tournament next year. I have a lot of new input I can use already. It's just a shame I have to wait until next year to do this again and implement that which I've learned.

    More than anything, I value and enjoy the feedback I've been receiving. That is what has made this the most fun for me and we aren't even halfway through.

    I hope you enjoy the rest of the tournament and continue to come back and read regularly.

    ReplyDelete